Privacy & Cookies Policy
One of our most important priorities is to respect your privacy
Who we are
Our website address is: https://mysticaltotem.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can recognize you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, the choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
According to the European Union’s e-privacy directive, all of our visitors must have access to information which declares that this website is using cookies and describe the reason they are used. Visitors must also consent to the use of these cookies.
What types of cookies are used?
We currently use and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this website.
These are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is when you leave the website. Session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
We use session cookies to:
Store login information so that a user does not need to re-login on every visit.
In contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They, therefore, enable the website to “recognize” you on your return remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
We use persistent cookies to:
- Help us recognize you as a unique user when you return to our website so that you do not have to input your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services.
- Remember how you have customized your use of this website, such as your preferred currency and time zone
- Collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
We use Google Analytics to:
- Gather information about the way visitors use this website.
- Improve our visitors’ experience using this website.
- Our website is using IP address anonymization for the “Google Analytics” tool. This means that the last octet of IPv4 IP addresses and the last 80 bits of IPv6 addresses are replaced by zeroes before they are sent to and collected by the third party “Google Analytics” service. The replacement takes place in the memory of your web browser and is never stored on disk or transmitted over the network. Therefore your IP address is never recorded permanently as a result of our use of “Google Analytics”.
How to disable Cookies
Kindly note that rejecting all cookies will make it impossible for you to use our website properly. It will make it technically impossible to log into our website.
Changes to our Cookies Policy
Mysticaltotem.com is entitled to change or update this Cookies Policy at its own discretion without any obligation of prior notification.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.